Neighborhood Leadership Institute is looking to hire a Manager of Adult Leadership Development to administer Neighborhood Leadership Cleveland and coordinate alumni networking and programs. Click here to download the full job description.
Qualifications include the following—
- Demonstrate a theoretical foundation in the principles of community-based leadership.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email, and internet navigation.
- Database management/data entry experience.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Ability to contract with and supervise consultants as needed.
- Ability to set goals and objectives; work independently, as a team player, and in groups.
- Collaborative, inclusive, entrepreneurial leader.
Applicant experience should include—
- Two or more years experience with program planning and development.
- Previous experience facilitating groups and/or providing professional development.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships in person and via multiple platforms and media.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field required.
- Neighborhood Leadership Institute alumni preferred.
To apply, send cover letter and resume no later than 5 pm on September 18, 2017 to Kevin@neighborhoodleadership.org,
Last call! Mentors needed for Cleveland 8th graders
Volunteer mentors are needed for True2U, the program that supports Cleveland eighth graders as they explore their true selves and prepare to transition into high school. The coming school year is the first year True2U will serve all CMSD 8th graders—about 2,500 youth, and 600 mentors are needed.
Mentors work in teams of two or three and will spend 8 Thursday mornings helping small groups of students, in one participant’s words, “prepare for the future with what I know about myself.”
Mentor teams facilitate discussions and activities in a structured curriculum that helps youth uncover their interests and strengths, and set goals. The youth can then connect their goals to the diverse educational opportunities offered by the 37 high schools in the CMSD portfolio, setting them on a path of success in college and/or their careers. Learn about the program and download an application here. Program Manager Molly Feghali is still happy to take applications. The deadline has passed, but trainings for new mentors have not yet begun.