12 Mar NLI Statement on Coronavirus
March 12, 2020
Dear friends of NLI,
As you are aware, our community and country is facing a health crisis with the spread of coronavirus. As each day passes, we learn more about the symptoms, spread and potential harm that this illness brings and we evaluate the impact that it can have on our program participants. We feel it is important to adhere to the advice provided by experts and take the necessary precautions in order to preserve our individual health, as well as the community’s overall health.
Like many other community organizations and institutions, NLI is suspending some of its activities. As an organization that convenes the community, including individuals of varying ages and vulnerabilities, we want to be mindful of everyone’s health.
The safety and well-being of our NLI family is our top priority. On behalf of the NLI Board and staff, I encourage you to maintain healthy practices for your own benefit, as well as for our entire community’s benefit. The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention provides some helpful information on how to help stem the spread of coronavirus. I hope that you review it, practice it, and share with your network.
Please note the following important updates pertaining to our programs and various activities:
- March 12 – Community Leadership Council meeting – CANCELLED
- March 13 – NLC Alumni Networking – CANCELLED
- March 21 – Community Baby Shower – POSTPONED; New date TBD
- March 31 – 44128: One Community Meeting – CANCELLED
- Neighborhood Leadership Cleveland – All operations SUSPENDED until April 2.
- Neighborhood Leadership Cleveland Alumni – All activities SUSPENDED through April.
- True2U – March 19th mentoring session is still scheduled, but UNDER REVIEW. Check our website for updates.
- Parenting Project – All classes CANCELLED until further notice.
- Schools as Neighborhood Resources – Activities will continue; Program ends March 19th.
- 44128: One Community – All activities SUSPENDED through April.
- 44137: One Community – All activities SUSPENDED through April.
If you have any questions concerning upcoming meetings or NLI programs, please do not hesitate to contact us at 216.812.8700 or email staff. Be well and stay healthy!
Kevin McDaniel, Executive Director
Neighborhood Leadership Institute